Before you start moving your safe, we want to give you a word of advice that every professional safe mover takes to heart; If you ever lose control and the safe starts to tip or roll, get out of the way. No property is worth your health.
Once you are ready to move your safe:
• Make sure it's closed and locked.
• Wrapping it in moving blankets will help protect it from damage. Tape the blankets in place to prevent them from falling and causing tripping.
• With the help of your friends, slowly and CAREFULLY tilt your safe and slip the dolly underneath. This part has a lot of potential for tip overs, or for some dollies to shoot out from under the safe, so please be careful.
• We highly recommend securing the safe to the dolly with straps or ropes before moving it along your pre-planned path.
• If you're loading the safe onto the back of a moving truck, use a loading ramp to roll the dolly up. Make sure the ramp is wide enough for the dolly's wheels. This is another time when there's a lot of potential for the safe to get away from you.
• Once the safe is in the truck, position it against a side or the back and securely strap it so it doesn't move during the ride. The more securely it's strapped, the less chance it will bounce back and forth, damaging the wall or other furniture around it, or possibly popping the strap and getting loose. This is also another time when wrapping it with a moving blanket will protect it from both the wall and the strap.
• Whether your move is within your home or to another location, reverse your steps to safely unload your safe and move it into its new space. Keep in mind the weight and bulk when taking it back off of a truck with a ramp, and again don't try to stop it if it gets out of control.