Here’s what you should know about the superior locks we use on our gun safes:
Features of Liberty’s UL-Listed Mechanical Locks
Liberty uses two types of S&G mechanical locks on our safes:
- S&G’s 6741 lock that features a ±25 number dialing tolerance, diecast Zamak lever and wheel centers. This lock is used in all Franklin models.
- S&G’s upgraded 6730 lock also features a ±1.25 number dialing tolerance but has dual locking wheels that make it harder for numbers to slip when spinning the dial too fast and brass wheel centers for extra durability.
Both locks feature a dual functioning heat and drill resistant relocker inside. A key-locking dial is standard. Each comes with a preset, unique 3-number combination code that is printed in the lock’s use and care manual. Because both locks feature S&G’s Magic Module footprint, you never have to worry about making modifications to your safe if you decide to switch to one of their electronic locks in the future.
Benefits of Liberty’s UL-Listed Mechanical Locks
If you’re wondering why you should choose a Liberty gun safe equipped with a UL-listed mechanical lock, consider the following benefits:
- You get that great feel of a combination dial.
- You never have to replace batteries with a mechanical lock.
- The relocker inside S&G’s mechanical locks will fire and lock up the last tumbler if anyone attempts to drill or torch the lock.
- The key-locking dial provides a day lock feature which gives added security by preventing the dial from turning. Just remember, using the keylock by itself will not provide you with total security. For the maximum in security, always spin the lock’s dial before using the keylock.
- The locks feature an “87” key-lock feature that allows the lock to be locked in an open position by dialing “87.” This allows you to open and close the door without spinning the dial or locking it when you will be entering repeatedly.
When you buy a Liberty Safe, you can rest assured that you are getting one of the most trusted and secure mechanical locks in the industry.